Teacher Fellows Scholarships
Considering A Career in STEM Teaching? Earn $300-1500 a Semester learning to be a STEM teacher.
About the CSME Teacher Fellowship
Each year, CSME supports a cohort of STEM majors and credential students interested in being K-12 teachers. Fellows join a community of aspiring teachers and gain experience in the field. The Fellows receive extra mentoring, special seminars and access to a dedicated study center. Fellows who commit to a minimum number of hours of public service receive stipends.
Between the program's founding in 2008 and Fall 2012, 158 Fellows performed over 19,000 hours of service for nonprofits and community groups and more than 25 local schools. In this time $382,000 in stipends have been awarded, and the Fellows were supported in winning over $285,000 in outside awards. The cohorts reflect the diversity and demographics of the SF Unified School District's overall teacher population.
Teacher Fellows Receive
- Financial support to do community service in local schools
- Special seminars and access to a dedicated study center
- Career mentorship from experienced teachers in our district
- Support for passing exams to enter the credential program
- Reimbursement for exams and application fees for our credential program
- Opportunity for paid summer internships
- Opportunities to have fully funded travel to regional teaching conferences
- Support from a community of like-minded students who love math & science!
- Awards range from $300-$1500 depending on your graduation date.
- ATTEND all five CSME Meetings on Zoom from 4 - 6 p.m.* on the following Fridays:
*This is the one exception for our half day event.
- Complete minimum 45 hours of classroom observation, called Early Field Experience (EFE) or take an approved service learning course*.
- Meet with your academic advisor and CSME advisor once a semester
- Apply for one scholarship if applicable to you
- *The classroom observations will be arranged by CSM. If you have already completed a minimum of 45 hours of classroom observations for the credential application, other volunteer arrangements will be considered. Courses such as Math 375, STEM HOUSE EED 655 or related service learning courses can be counted in substitution for the EFE. Please consult Teacher Fellows advisor Jamie Chan.
- Confirm graduation date via e-mail from your academic advisor
Applications acceptance is ongoing. Awards given based on availability.
Please reach out to Jamie Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org for application information or any other questions.
Teacher Fellows Applications are available online here.