What is STEM HOUSE?
STEM HOUSE (Hands On Undergraduate Science Education Experience) is a practicum-based course designed both for science majors interested in teaching and for potential teachers from Liberal Studies, Child and Adolescent Development, and other majors who would like to experience teaching science to children. In Fall 2016, students will explore several "big ideas” in astronomy and space science drawn from the K-8 Next Generation Science Standards. You will review the concepts in class via hands-on learning activities, then design engaging, student-centered lessons to allow elementary school students to explore these ideas. You will have the opportunity to teach small groups of elementary schoolers in a supportive, team-teaching environment on the SF State campus. This course allows you to investigate children's learning, explore teaching as a career option, and use and develop your science knowledge to improve the educational experience of children from throughout the SF Bay Area.
- Prerequisites: upper division standing
- ALL majors welcomed
- Undergraduate students are highly encouraged to register
- Must be an SF State student
Interested in becoming a STEM HOUSE Teacher in Fall 2016?
Follow these simple steps:
- Register and add the STEM HOUSE course
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your participation
- Check your e-mail on a regular basis for updates